To give a child a future is not only a good education and a material rear, but also a clean planet.Of course, not everything depends only on your family, but in fact, if you think about it, then everything depends on you.
If your family cultivates a love for the environment and care for it, the child will not be able to think otherwise. And so every child in every family. Therefore, yes, our ecology depends only on us. Each of us in particular.
Psychologist Natalya Karabuta comments on this question like this:“Learning to take care of the planet and save a child starts looking at his parents. Do you turn off the water when you wash your hair or brush your teeth? The baby will do the same. Do you go to the store with a rag bag without buying plastic bags at the checkout? The child will postpone what to do so and not otherwise. So start with yourself. And in parallel tell the child why and why this should be done.A great way is a children's fairy tale about how our planet is suffering from pollution and waste, how it suffers. And our task, if not cure her as a good doctor Aibolit, then at least not make it worse. "
Read also:10 ecologically clean countries of the world
So what needs to be done to make your family environmentally friendly. Here are 8 of the easiest ways:
1. Fabric bags instead of plastic bags. The damage to plastic bags is much greater than the benefits of them. During the production of polyethylene, the mass of harmful substances gets into the atmosphere, it is also not useful to store products in it, because it contains lead, and for its complete decomposition it takes 500 years. It is not at all difficult to replace the use of plastic bags with a more modern analogue of the “shopping bag” - a fabric shopping bag.
2. Drive less. Family walks on foot, the use of environmentally friendly transport (trams, trolley buses and the subway), a bicycle - all this will bring great benefits to health and the environment.
3. Organic household chemicals. Habitual "Gala" and "Arieli" can be replaced by more healthy counterparts. Phosphates, phthalates and chlorine threaten the human body with allergies, dermatitis, chronic diseases of the respiratory system and even cancer.Yes, such household chemicals cost more, but as a result you will be healthier.
4. Plant trees. Why not introduce an excellent and useful family tradition, such as planting, say, one tree a year? In the spring, when everyone gets out to the forest for kebabs, you can grab a small tree with you and say “Thank you” to nature.
5. Eat organic foods.. If there is no grandmother and garden, then such products are quite available in specialized stores. They are more expensive than normal, but, again, they are much more useful and grown without damage to the environment.
Read also:Toys from rubber shoes save the ocean (PHOTOS)
6. To hand over used batteries to specialized places.Chemical batteries contain heavy metals that, when the outer shell declines, crawl out and pollute the environment. So one finger-type battery with the time of its decomposition can "poison" 20 square meters. m. soil or 400 liters of water. Energy-saving light bulbs also do not bring. In some houses, batteries and light bulbs are collected at the entrance, and then they are centrally rented, but if there is no such initiative in your house, information about delivery points for used batteries can be found here.
7. Save water.Everything is simple here - turn off when brushing your teeth, washing your head, dishes, vegetables and fruits soaked in water, and then rinse. Considering the consumption of water from 8 to 15 liters per minute, to take a shower it is necessary to shed 100 liters of water, for taking a bath the consumption of water will double.
8. Sort garbage.The story is as old as the world, but still relevant. Yes, in Kiev there are problems with the separation of garbage, but even if special tanks are not yet installed in the yard, it can be separated at home. In developed countries, there is the following sorting of waste: glass; newspapers, magazines and other publications; cardboard, empty plastic packaging; organic residues, food waste; non-recyclable waste; plastic bottles and plastic packaging. As the Kyiv city administration reports, the capital will completely switch to separate garbage collection from 2018.