The appearance of the baby completely changes the life of the family. Future mothers are worried about how the birth will take place, but you should also think about what will happen after the baby is born - how will you take care of the baby when there are no doctors and nurses around. When preparing for childbirth, it is important to understand what your life will be in the first days after the birth of the crumbs.
In order not to worry once again, mom should know what to expect. These truths will help you not to panic and "survive" in the first week after birth.
Read also:Maternity without domestic problems: 6 tips for expectant mothers
RESTORATION AFTER PARENTS
- Not all childbirth and the postpartum period are the same.
- Often, after childbirth, women develop bleeding that begins with heavy discharge and disappears after a week.
- And those mothers who gave birth with cesarean section, and those who preferred natural childbirth, are subject to pain, swelling, exhaustion.
- Recovery after cesarean section takes longer.The seam after a cesarean can hurt, so mom will have to move less.
- Do not lift heavy objects, avoid loading the stomach, lie more. These tips are more suitable for mothers with cesarean, but others also do not interfere.
- You may have cramps. They appear due to the fact that after giving birth, the uterus gradually returns to its prenatal size. This process is called involution and can last up to six weeks.
- The spasms will be most intense in the first one or two days after delivery.
- Do not be alarmed if you feel pain during breastfeeding. Breastfeeding causes the production of hormones that stimulate the contraction of the uterus and accelerate this process.
- Postpartum pain does not require the intervention of a doctor. You will need enough painkiller or massage. But if you feel pain for more than a week, see your doctor.
- Be prepared for the fact that for some time you will look "pregnant." It will take time, at least a few months, to return the figure after delivery.
Read also:6 reasons why you can not lose weight after giving birth
CONTACTING A BABY WITH A BABY
- Even if you feel exhausted, it is important to immediately establish contact with the child.
- Many doctors immediately after giving birth put a newborn mother on her breast so that she can see the baby start to make contact.
- Start breastfeeding your baby as soon as possible. While you are in the hospital, gain experience in this matter. If you do not get something, or the baby refuses to breast, you can ask the nurses for help,
- If you chose breastfeeding, you will notice that in the first week of life, the child spends most of the time in your arms. Newborns, as a rule, eat slowly and sometimes sleep in the intervals between meals.
- Even if you decide to immediately go on artificial feeding, it is important to maintain close contact with the baby. When the baby eats from the bottle, take it in your arms so that it feels safe.
- Body contact is very important. Put the baby on the chest, let him listen to the heartbeat. It is even better to establish contact with the baby. Especially close contact with the mother is recommended for premature babies or children with low weight.
Read also:Top 7 most stupid questions mom after giving birth
- Be prepared for the fact that your prenatal mode will be changed radically. In the first week after the baby is born, your life will consist of night feeds, casual sleep and constant changing of diapers.
- Newborns sleep most of the time, but they can stay awake at any time of the day - and even at night. True, some parents manage to make the child sleep all night.
- A breastfed baby wants to eat every 1.5-2 hours. And the crumbs on artificial feeding - every 3-4 hours.
- The most difficult thing in the first days of a baby's life is to understand its signals. Is he crying because he wants to eat or sleep? What to do when the baby needs to belch? Try to understand these issues.
- Do not try to create the "correct" sleep and feeding regime. What mothers and grandmothers advise may not be suitable for your child. Attempts to make "behave" "as it should" will only lead to stress. Breast-fed babies are best fed on demand.
- Learn to foresee the needs of your child, and you will quickly be able to set a mode that will be convenient for you and the baby.
Read also:Recovery after childbirth: exercises for the figure
DELEGATION OF OBLIGATIONS
- Give yourself time to recover after giving birth. Have a rest and communicate more with the kid. Focus on that and not on the pile of linen and lunches and dinners. And delegate household affairs to someone from the family.
- Learn to take help from others. When friends and family offer help, accept it. But do not hesitate to tell people that you want to be without unnecessary eyes and ears and let them know when you are ready to receive guests again. It is important for young parents to be alone with the baby, without grandparents. This will give you the opportunity to get used to the fact that you are now a family and learn to care for each other.
Read also:How childbirth changes the female body (photo)
- Accept any first emotion that you experienced after the birth of the baby. Some women say that they fall in love with a crumb at first sight, while others need time for it.
- Not to feel particularly joyful emotions after giving birth is normal. Especially if you have previously had an unpleasant experience. Over time, you will love the crumb and get used to the role of mother.
- The first week after giving birth is usually very emotional. This does not mean that you are overtaken by postpartum depression, just the body has experienced hormonal changes.
- Respect the feelings of your partner. Changes occurred not only in mom's life, but also dad. After the baby is born, your partner is also undergoing major changes in how he perceives you and his role in the new family. As long as you devote all the time to the child, he may feel "superfluous." Try to care for the newborn together.
The first week after birth is a serious stress for the mother. Therefore, be fully prepared and, over time, these days you will remember not as terrible sleepless nights and quarrels with your husband, but as the happiest period in your life.