I stand in front of her office and rehearse how I’m going in and not crying.
- Hello, Lyudmila Aleksandrovna, - I will say. - I need help. My daughter - she is 10 months old - suffered purulent meningitis. Complication - total deafness. I collect documents for the commission on disability. It is necessary to undergo medical examination.
“Well, sign up through the system and go through,” the manager will tell me. - What is the problem?
- The problem is in time. He is not. A lot of doctors, a lot of tests, ECG, all on different days, in different branches. If you take place in the general order, then the medical examination will take a couple of weeks. And I do not have a couple of weeks. I urgently need to do a daughter operation. The fact is that the cochlea in the ear can ossify, and you need to have time to put the implants before this happens. And then my deaf child will live a full life.
I rehearsed this text at home, pronounced it with cold detachment.
Well, go ...
- Hello, Lyudmila Alexandrovna ... - the voice treacherously trembles. - I need help ... My daughter - she is 10 months old - has suffered purulent meningitis ... A complication is complete deafness ...
Tears roll down my cheeks, my face wrinkles ugly. All rehearsals - to the cat's tail.
- Calm down, - says the manager and goes to cover the door of the office, in which someone constantly strives to look. - How can I help?
“Clinical examination,” I hardly pronounce, and plunge into deaf sobs.
- Come on, mommy, calm down. That's life. You can not give up. I will help you in every way I can. Tomorrow you can come to me right in the morning? Collect all the tests and come with the baby? I will take you by the hand and spend on all the doctors ...
“I am not recorded,” I mumble.
- It is clear that not recorded. By recording will be very long ...
She herself spoke my text. She knows everything. I wipe away the tears.
- Thanks you.
- Everything. Calm down. You need daughters. Tomorrow I am waiting for you at 9. Here are directions for testing.
I remember that there is money in my pocket. This is a bribe.
Our country is fighting corruption. You can not take and can not give bribes. It is right.
“If everyone starts from himself and deliberately makes the choice not to feed corrupt officials, then we will be able to defeat corruption,” I thought. And inspired for many years to follow this rule.
And then my daughter got sick. And I was ready to give all the bribes of the world, so that the doctors treated it with great attention, so that negligence did not happen, so that they noticed something that is important for diagnosis, so that the time until the snail was stuck in it was not missed.
Because the laws about the fight against corruption are written by people with healthy children.
When it becomes scary for a child’s life, the normative formulations turn pale in the fog of reality, and it becomes obvious that it is still impossible to cure a child from a fatal disease and remain a law-abiding citizen in our country ...
“Thank you, Lyudmila Aleksandrovna,” I say, and I try to shift money from my pocket into it.
I really need to undergo a medical examination in one day, and it is very necessary that tomorrow it would not be clear that she is at a conference, at a meeting, or on the second shift.
“Get the money,” says Ludmila Alexandrovna gloomily. “Who do you take me for?”
She was really offended. And I do not want to offend her. I need her.
- But at least take candy!
- Mommy, do not breed corruption. I do my job. And I get paid for it. And the money for the treatment of your daughter will be very useful. Till tomorrow!
I'm slightly confused, go out into the corridor. What a nice, decent woman. Wow…
I imagined everything differently. I came, all on Zemfira, "hello, I am a scandal girl, a girl air ..."
I am ready to fight with indifference and bureaucracy. And here is a humane person, not an official, and he himself is ready to help ...
At 9 am the next day, I and my daughter are standing under her door. I am not afraid of her, and do not expect bad. She leaves the office, smiles at my daughter, tells me affably:
- Come on!
We walk down the hall. From different sides, people rush to the manager with their questions. She instantly switches, answers precisely and in essence, remembers everyone, is kind to everyone.
- And the direction of Petrov to Filatovskaya, Lyudmila Aleksandrovna?
- Signed at the registry.
- And the documents for the commission?
“I assured you, take it at the reception, put a stamp on it ...”
“And the Queen has allergies again ...”
- Let me sign up tomorrow, I accept the second shift ...
“They came from the Department ...”
- Tell me, I'll come up now ...
And all this is different people, different questions ...
What a difficult job to manage. Interesting, just a doctor to be easier? Lyudmila Alexandrovna helped us undergo medical examination in one day.Without money, candy and thanks.
I told my husband about her.
- And this is the usual clinic! Surely she gets a penny for this hard and responsible work.
- Such as she, real, not for money work. For a clear conscience ...
By necessity, we periodically with the daughter still appeared in the clinic.
For example, they went to an appointment with a neurologist (this is necessary after meningitis) or did a neurosonogram (in order to understand if the disease did not damage the brain vessels, and whether it was possible to have an operation).
Every time Lyudmila Aleksandrovna, meeting us in the corridor, asked how are you, how Katyunya. She remembers our story.
Although such stories are her work, she has a million of them. And it just works ... by vocation. And receives a salary in good conscience. And the smiles of children recovered with her participation ...
Today I bought a bouquet of yellow roses. And she came to her without a reason. She is busy as always, flies down the corridor, her followers are retinue. I join retinue. She notices me.
- Something happened? - asks. - Like a daughter?
- Daughter is fine. Preparing for surgery ...
- God forbid ...
- Yes ... Lyudmila Alexandrovna, I want to give you this bouquet. Just.This is my tiny thank you, which will just create a sunny mood for you ...
- Well, come up with! Restless, - says Lyudmila Aleksandrovna and ... smiles. The first time I see her smile is usually concentrated.
- Take it. These are just flowers. Yellow roses. Heralds of separation. I hope we never see each other again. In this regard!
“That's for sure,” the manager laughs, and, embarrassed, takes a bouquet.
- Lyudmil Sanna, to the meeting, urgently, they are waiting for you !!! - the nurse shouts to her, and Lyudmila Aleksandrovna instantly becomes serious and hurries to the office ...
By the way, a sign is hanging on her office. It says that she is a doctor of the highest category. I don’t know what it means in the medical hierarchy, but by human standards it’s true.
She is a man of the highest category.
Such as she, units. But the fact of their existence gives our country mired in corruption a chance that the fog will dissipate. You just need to start with yourself ... I am going home to my daughter. Ahead of the operation. Rehabilitation. Return to normal.