As the baby grows, his body develops with him. And not always these changes can be for the better. For example, very often in early childhood, children develop flat feet, which can be a great spoil for life in the future.
A change in the structure of the foot often occurs in half a year, in a year, in 3 and 5 years. The reasons for the development of flatfoot in babies can be weak bones, weak muscles, or too stretchable ligaments. Moreover, it should be treated for up to 5-6 years, while the outline of the foot has not yet appeared.
Read also:Find out why children often get sick
How to find out?There is a simple test: smear the feet of karapuz with cream and put it on paper. Along the edge of the foot contour should be a notch. If it is very narrow or absent, then you are faced with the problem of flatfoot.
What is dangerous?At first glance, the disease seems to parents not very serious, because the negative impact of it at first is imperceptible. But it is important to remember that flat-footedness violates the “spring” functions of the foot.Depreciation almost disappears, and during walking the whole shake goes to the lower leg and hip joint. This can lead to arthritis. The joints of the legs and lower parts of the spine are affected. Quite often, the appearance of scoliosis is also associated with flat-footedness.
Fighting flatfoot is a must: methodically, comprehensively and regularly
How to prevent the appearance?Disease prevention needs to start from the time the child was three months old. A visit to an orthopedist at this age will definitely not be superfluous. Usually, flat feet appear with the first steps of the crumbs, because then the foot of the toddler begins to form.
In prevention, it is important to adhere to several rules:
1. The right shoes for the first steps. It should be light, with a rigid back and elastic sole, as well as with good fixation of the foot. The instep support and 3mm heel are important for a uniform load.
2. Washing the feet with cool water. Such a procedure is necessary for babies at bedtime, especially after walking barefoot (or in socks) around the house.
3. Recreational walking on grass, sand or pebbles.In winter, such a procedure can be arranged, for example, by pouring the washed soil into some box.
4. Hardening. Helpers in this will be a contrasting shower for the feet, a rubdown or a salt path (recalls the kindergarten past).
5. Foot massage. It is useful rubber ball with spikes or massage mat.
Read also:How to temper a child?
There are many complexes that will help get rid of the disease. They should be selected by a specialist who is familiar with the degree of flatfoot development of your baby and its specificity.
Most often at home using a gymnastic stick.
1. Sitting in a low chair or on the floor (hands resting on the floor behind the back) the child either simultaneously or alternately rolls the stick with his feet.
2. The stick lies on the floor, the baby is standing so that it is in the middle of the feet. Holding hands on a belt, you need to step to the right or left.
3. The stick lies on the floor in the direction of the crumbs. Becoming on it, the child turns the feet outward so that the stick is in the middle of the feet. In the people, such an exercise is called “Christmas tree walking”.Taking a step, the child turns the right leg to the right, the left - respectively, to the left.
1. Rotation of the feet standing and sitting.
2. Lifting on the toes and lowering on the heels.
3. Walking on the fingers.
4. Polupricants on the fingers.
5. Small jumps on the fingers.
You must fight flatfoot. Methodically, comprehensively and regularly. This can be safely asserted from the experience of one family with which UAUA.info spoke. Baby Anya as a child, well, absolutely did not want to fight with her flat-footedness. I tried in every possible way to refuse, to do the exercise not as thoroughly as my mom and dad demanded (it still hurts to correct the forming foot). As a result, now she is already an adult girl and is very grateful to her parents for their perseverance. However, Anya did not manage to completely get rid of the disease, although it did not entail heavy consequences.
So, if the kid refuses to do the exercises, find an approach to it, persuade, force or show what the triggering of the disease is fraught with. And I will add a personal example: Anya's scoliosis is present, her back does indeed periodically hurt, her joints, too, began to be disturbed. And she is not yet 30 years old.So, dear mummies, if you think that all the consequences listed at the beginning were created by doctors for intimidation and for frequent visits, do not believe your thoughts. Flat feet - a serious illness that requires enormous efforts to eliminate. Therefore, listen to our advice and better engage in disease prevention.