A thin surface finish board for a long period of time caused associations only with a sauna, a country house or a balcony. But now the situation has changed dramatically - lining occupies a leading position in the design of rooms, not only country houses, but also apartments. It took time to see the functional and aesthetic superiority in external simplicity. But the diversity of species causes the opposite effect and poses topical questions: what color, style, technique of execution to prefer in order to extract the maximum benefit from the use of this material. Understanding the nuances of finishing in advance will not be superfluous, so that the wall paneling in the interior becomes not only a budget option, but also the most fashionable one.
Types and advantages
Lining is represented by the following materials:
- Wooden from natural breeds of a tree (larch, ash-tree, beech). And the cost directly depends on the classes (from “0” to “C”). A hidden advantage is a unique opportunity to use the cheapest variety, if the design does not provide for an ideal surface (rustic, chalet), and spots, other color defects are easy to paint.
- MDF.Made by the method of gluing, it is still a “wooden” material, which retains its presentability, but insignificantly losing in terms of quality characteristics: first of all, it should be protected from moisture.
- Plastic. The cheapest, just an imitation of appearance, not carrying the semantic load of natural materials.
In appearance, it differs even more: from the “American” imitating the overlapping boards to the block-house with its log-like texture. For those who want to achieve in the design of the house not only external harmony, grace, but also to comply with the conditions of Feng Shui, as if a specially created sort of “software line” with rounded bevels.
A number of advantages for the design of rooms, and the most important ones are those that improve the comfort of human existence:
- long operational term;
- environmental quality;
- the healing effect of natural tree species;
- low susceptibility to pollution, dust;
- warm, sound insulation;
- resistance to humidity, high temperatures;
- lack of significant installation costs.
Aesthetic components that provide leading design positions:
- The ability to change the color by coloring: you can do it more than once during the operation.
- Adjustment of the visual geometry of the space. Vertical layout - stretching, adding height, horizontal - adding volume, stretching the perimeter of the room.
- Combination with most modern materials: tiles, stone, porcelain, tiles, textiles, glass, leather.
For the repair of any premises, technical simplicity of execution - plus not only in optimizing time costs, but also financial ones. Under the wall paneling, it is not necessary to pre-prepare the walls - it will perfectly mask the irregularities.
In addition to the standard location methods: horizontal and vertical, all over the entire surface, there are several design methods for lining layout:
- Diagonal Provides dynamics in the interior, as an emphasis on the wall, ceiling, but will require more laborious work.
- The alternation of multidirectional bands. Giving a special, exclusive charm with the help of various patterns: Christmas tree, steps, bricks and all sorts of combinations of these methods.The high cost of the method is more than offset by the individuality of the final result.
- Making only the lower third of the wall surface, the upper part - wallpaper, paint, and the border is decorated with molding. In addition to financial benefits, you can get a unique interior.
- An excellent option would be to create a panel, another fragment of the original form on one of the walls that could become a significant interior accent.
Wooden wall paneling can be processed in ways that allow the design to take on its individual character:
- Ecological clean - the preservation of the natural pattern of wood.
- Processed - by impregnation, by special means: smoothness, glossiness or haze is added.
- Painted - the original color.
- Brushed - relief and texture come to the fore. A special type: only coniferous wood is taken.
All this diversity is necessary to create unique interiors in the most diverse styles, embodied for apartments and country houses. At the peak of popularity, the following style decisions with the direct participation of this type of finish:
- Eco.It will support the natural microclimate, it is excellently combined with other materials, for example, stone; with living phytowall - one of the best.
- Retro, vintage. Styles "antique" by lining get even more charm, and brushing will enhance the effect of a soulful retro atmosphere.
- Scandinavian. White matte boards - business card style.
- Provence. The interiors transmit the heat of the sunny coast of France through lining, lacquered.
- Country The look of the Landhouse with its decorative grooves will help emphasize some natural elegance of style.
- Rustic, natural, other ethno-styles. The surface is exposed to aging due to fire, bleaching. The latest design preferences: bleached ash, oak, pine.
- Shabby chic. A great background for worn, aged furniture, like "sugar" decor items.
- Modern Current option: gray, silver lining, especially locally used. The design does not contradict a certain urbanistic orientation, the gloss here is only for the benefit.
- Loft. The rough, unpolished surface of such variants as “American”, “quarter” will emphasize the industrial style.
Some of the presented style solutions imply the coloring of a wall panel capable of turning a boring wall into a true design creation. Some are based, on the contrary, on the maximum preservation not only of texture, but also the color of the tree.
There are nuances everywhere:
- Golden honey is a natural color that gives a particularly warm atmosphere and indescribable energy. The main aspect is the dosed amount in order to avoid the “sauna” effect. The combination with any contrasting colors - blue, red, green, of varying intensity from bright to pastel. The matte finish of wooden wall paneling is an indicator of fashionable, modern design.
- Brown shades can be used with sufficient illumination. It is not recommended to get involved in the ceiling version in the dark scale, if desired - the lightest shade is chosen. For an apartment, you can play at one of the favorite tricks of designers - the contrast. Options: one accent wall, the rest are made with extremely light colors with support in decorative elements or alternation of brown parallels along the entire perimeter with light wallpaper.
- Bleached lining is a stable association with expensive interiors, airy and elegant. The choice of companion colors can impose restrictions on stylistic design, implying calm, natural colors: burgundy, terracotta, blue, pistachio, olive, gray. Fully whitewashed interior has the right to life only with the support of bright accents of furniture and decor.
- Painted wall paneling preserves the texture of wood and does not limit imagination at all.
- The alternation of color rhythmic parallels filled with 4-5 tones of paint will add volume. Option - the ceiling in white and blue tones, complemented by two shades of wood will look contrast and cheerful, but calmly and naturally in the bedroom or nursery.
Among the popular design techniques based on the game of color, you can select a contrasting painting in a rich tint of walls against the background of the white floor or ceiling, a combination of two bright colors. Lovers of calm solutions suitable use of the same color, but on surfaces with different texture or design option in two adjacent shades. I like it, get bored - you can always change the interior, just repaint.Against the background of neutral light gray, light beige wall paneling, bright accents look good, which is important for kitchen and dining areas.
Noble interior of a country house
For a country house, if the financial component allows, it makes sense to use predominantly eurolining, differing not only in quality, but also having a breathtaking smell of natural wood. A more budget lining, not marked by the class “extra”, will still make it look expensive and attractive to the interior of a country house, if only visually.
- Ideal for rooms with an attic. One of the best finishing methods, according to the designers, is the ceiling is made with clapboard, and the walls with wallpaper.
- Great for the camouflage function of all the nuances, out of the general background (pipes, communications, technical rooms).
- The question of how to beat the beams on the ceiling is no longer relevant. Moraine beams on the background of lining - one of the latest trends. If a particular rustic or other style provides them, the absence of these will replace the false beams. Painted in one color with panels, perfectly fit into the lighter styles (country).
- A sufficient area allows the use of various combined methods of decoration, impermissible for a small apartment - air tiles, laying out majolica.
- White color - one of the favorites of the design. Light furniture, white textiles successfully combined with many shades of the walls.
- The reception of furniture decorating with clapboard will help to give maximum authenticity to the interior of a country house.
- Planning of country houses is usually characteristic of a common large room, no matter what cubature, combining the functions of the living room, dining room, kitchen. Ideal zoning can be done with the help of clapboard, and you can use both texture and color, giving the room a proportional and comfortable look.
Covering a room entirely with wooden clapboard is undoubtedly practical, but it evokes associations with budget standard repairs, only combining with alternative methods of finishing, plastering, painting surfaces, creates a stylish interior.
Interior solutions with such a seemingly simple material are applicable for premises of any purpose.For example, the use of wooden lining, rather than plastic, is appropriate even for the design of the bathroom. The means of processing surfaces with protective properties allow you to turn the bath into a real spa and relaxation area.
A single accent wall, for example, of light rocks, is enough to change the angle of perception and get away from the banality of tile and plastic in the interior. Scandinavian style, minimalism acquire a special sound in the bathroom, which painted lining only ennobles. For small rooms, such textured material is just a salvation: it will add the necessary relief in a very bright space, not allowing the interior to become monotonous.
Design projects of the bedroom from the wall paneling in the first place put a bed. Non-standard and different design options for the headboard: decorative stylized mini-fence, in the form of a strip that goes to the ceiling. Practically any wooden headboard of a standard bed will be perfectly combined with the ceiling or walls made in the same tone, and a smooth contrasting matte paint covering free surfaces will help to give more style.The option to complement the interior of the bedroom with clapboard: a special wall panel behind the bed, but unusual, but soft, made not only textiles, but also leather, or a panel with a 3D effect.
For the interior design of the kitchen clapboard designers give certain recommendations:
- For the combined version of the kitchen-dining room: the lining of the wall of the dining area should be combined with kitchen furniture and then stylistic unity will be ensured.
- For the ceiling, any finish is chosen, but not wooden lining, in order to avoid problems with care in case of natural pollution characteristic of this area.
- Produced modern materials perfectly reflect fashion trends. Paradoxically, but porcelain stoneware plates are produced, successfully imitating wooden wall paneling. The option is just for perfectionists who are trying to arrange even a kitchen apron area within the framework of a certain stylistic concept.
5 ways to make the interior unusual
Lining, earns credibility in a new way, now as a stylish, expressive part of decoration.
- Backlight. All kinds of diode tapes help to achieve an expressive result.
- Mirrors The ideal duet, and the composition of several, of various sizes, but rounded against the background of a brightly painted wall of lining - one of the latest trends.
- Furnishings. Through-wardrobes, shelves without a back wall, installed against the background of a blank wall of canvas, are relevant to many "village" interiors.
- If the apartment does not allow the area, and the “country” style is very desirable, they use small sections of wall decoration, against which their favorite paintings and portraits are placed. So you can combine the concept without abandoning the expensive look of the decor elements.
- Fans of graphic and black color can breathe easy. The warmth and energy of the lining allows you to use fashionable anthracite for accents.
Such a variety of various solutions, common to individual rooms, local and voluminous, allows us to conclude that the paneling has taken a strong position in the interior, and the creative approach makes it as relevant as possible.